Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentine Pennie Pockets

I joined the Heart to Heart valentine swap hosted by Sarah http://mamanjackjack.blogspot.com/ I remembered loving Happy Zombie"s Christmas Pennie Pockets shown here http://thehappyzombie.com/blog/?p=304 I thought I'd like to make them for the swap. (Happy Zombie made some for Valentine's Day and hers are gorgeous btw.) I had so much fun making these! I used a vintage pillowcase , vintage buttons, and the rest of the fabric was from my stash. Except for that bright blue fabric.


I had to go to JoAnn's for something .(any little reason and I'm there) This was my first time making a fabric yo yo and I think that was my favorite part! When I was finished with them I mounted them on some card stock covered with Tracy Porter paper.

I hope my swap partners like them. I can't wait to see what they make!




4 comments:

  1. Those look gorgeous... I can't wait to see the swap packages, I'm in Sarah's swap too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Thank you so much for the cute pocket! The swap was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This swap partner adores hers! Thanks for such a wonderful surprise - I'm posting pictures Saturday. They all look so nice together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, the whole pile of them IS very pretty. Making yoyos is a ton of fun - just wait till you get the heart maker...

    ReplyDelete