Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sewing Book Review: Sweet Booties


Sweet Booties!
and Blankets, Bonnets, Bibs and More
edited by: Valerie Van Arsdale Shrader
I always want to make something for the new babies in my life and then hesitate, remembering not all moms love homemade gifts. This sweet compilation of cute, hip goodies gives me more confidence. Who wouldn't want any of the lovely little gifts in this book?
My favorites are the mobile made out of yo-yos(My new obsession) and the fun chapter on hats. I'm going to make the "Sprinkles Sunhat" for my DD. The "Birdie Rattles" made out of corduroy are so darn cute that I don't even need a reason to make them!
The instructions are straightforward and easy enough for a beginner to follow. I love that they can all be completed in an afternoon. If you have a little one in your life, check this book out!

No comments:

Post a Comment