Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cookbook Review Sunday

Giada's Kitchen
New Italian Favorites
written by Giada de Laurentis

This is my first time reading
one of Giada's cookbooks. After seeing her on The Today Show and Oprah I thought I'd check her newest one out. Giada says in the intro, "These days, my palate responds most to clean, vibrant, simple flavors, and my eyes can't resist the undeniable freshness of great ingredients and bursts of bright colors." She stays true to her mantra throughout this book. The format is clean and uncomplicated. The photos are nice and helpful. I like how Giada uses ingredients like canned cannellini beans to make a Tuscan White Bean and Garlic Soup.(yum) Or a simple box of Jiffy Cornbread mix to make Garlic and Sun dried Tomato Corn Muffins. I felt like I could make these recipes and I want to make them. There is a chapter devoted to cooking with kids that is full of fun entrees like Orecchiette with Mini Chicken Meatballs and Pizza Pot Pies ,made with a pizza dough crust instead of the traditional pastry crust.

This is a fun and delicious cookbook. I can't help but think this would be a perfect gift for a new bride, because it seems so fresh and vibrant!

1 comment:

  1. I've never read one of her books either but have used some of her recipes from the Food Network. I'll have to check it out. :o)

    ReplyDelete